Long Habit LLC dba Better Tomorrow Financial’s Investment Advisory Privacy Statement
Last updated 2022-01-06
This notice is provided to you on behalf of Ward Williams and Long Habit LLC dba Better Tomorrow Financial, a Registered Investment Advisor with the state of Washington.
Information We Collect
In connection with providing financial advice, or other services, we obtain non-public personal information from you, including:
- Information for identifying, contacting, and building a financial plan for you such as your address, email address, date of birth, Social Security number (only if required by law), occupation, financial goals, assets, income, hopes and dreams.
- Information about your financial transactions as needed to understand your financial picture and habits
- Information received from third parties via you, such as your credit history, social security benefit amounts (for retirement planning), investments held, credit card, student loan, mortgage or other debt balances and interest rates.
Categories of Information We Disclose: We will not disclose any of your information without your consent unless required by law. We definitely won’t sell your information.
Categories of Parties to Whom We Disclose: We will not disclose information regarding you or your account with us, except under the following circumstances:
- To another professional that you employ, and only if you’ve consented to us talking to them about your situation, such as another financial, tax, or business advisor you use, or an insurance agent, or perhaps a family member that you’d like to bring into the conversation.
- To entities that perform services for us or function on our behalf, including financial service providers, such as a clearing broker-dealer, investment company, or insurance company;
- To consumer reporting agencies (if required by law),
- To third parties who perform services or marketing on our behalf (currently we do not use any of these services, but it’s possible we might in the future);
- To your attorney, trustee or anyone else who represents you in a fiduciary capacity;
- To our attorneys, accountants or auditors (we have none as of writing, but you never know); and
- To government entities or other third parties in response to subpoenas or other legal process as required by law or to comply with regulatory inquiries.
How We Use Information:
- To provide you with useful financial recommendations, and help you implement them;
- To process your requests such as securities purchases and sales (only if we entered into a Discretionary relationship with you; we generally don’t);
- To comply with Federal, State, and Self-Regulatory Organization requirements;
Our Security Policy: We restrict access to nonpublic personal information about you to those individuals who need to know that information to provide products or services to you and perform their respective duties. (As of writing, only your Advisor, Ward Williams, has access to these.)
We use Google Drive for pretty much every form of electronic storage, including your information & all of our financial planning documents, which we believe is very safe. Some of these documents will be downloaded onto our own computer(s), which are password-protected and stored in locked facilities when not in use.
(For what it’s worth, your Advisor maintains all of his personal documents as well on Google Drive, has for many years, and sleeps very comfortably knowing all of it is on secure servers, protected by password access, and backed up. He feels better about this than the files stored on his own laptop.)
Complaint Notification: Please direct complaints to: Ward Williams, ward at bettertomorrowfinancial dot com